The Bahamas is located on the Atlantic Ocean, 80Km (50 miles) off the coast of Florida. The country is comprised of 700 island sprinkled over 100,000 square miles and many people dream about having a honeymoon in the Bahamas.
Some of the most visited islands are: New Providence, Paradise Island, Exuma, Grand Bahama and Bimini.
I only visited Nassau (the capital of the Bahamas), Exuma and Paradise Island, and I got pretty amazed by its beaches.
Some of the attractions are:
- Downtown Nassau: with great architecture from the colonial time this area is a shopping paradise for tourists arriving from cruise ships.
- Junkanoo Beach: located in downtown, this beach is very popular among tourists and locals. In case that you are on a cruise to Nassau, this is easiest and closest beach to go to.
- Paradise Island: one of the most visited islands in the Bahamas boats world class renowned hotels and resorts such as: Atlantis, One and Only, RIU, etc…
- Pipe Creek (Exumas): One of the most beautiful places in the Bahamas, this sandbar has shallow and one the most clearest and brightest blue water I’ve ever seen.
- Big Majors Pig Spot (Exumas): also known as Pig Beach, this island is a truly piece of paradise and its only inhabitants are pigs.
- Compass Cay (Exumas): where you can have an unforgettable experience of swimming with nurse sharks.
- Allan’s Cay Iguanas (Exuma): another island of animals, this time iguanas.
- You can read about my experience of swimming with pigs and sharks in the Bahamas.
- For more information about the Bahamas visit the Official site of the Bahamas.
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.