When you visit Victoria Falls, you cannot miss the Zambezi River Rafting! It is acclaimed as “wildest one-day whitewater run in the World” and considered one of the best raftings in the world.
The rafting is available all year around, but the start point changes depending on the level of the water level.
The best time is from September to early November though.
In general from late-July to Mid-January you can start at rapid #1.
Unfortunately the year I was there, in August, there water was still very high and we could start only from rapid #7. And we starting flipping our boat. It was a high water flip or “tube stand” in Rapid #8. It may look scary, but we had such a great time!
My Zambezi River Rafting was 15Km long, from rapid #7 to 21 and last around 3h. The full day rafting is 25Km long and goes from rapid #1 to 25.
Remember that the Zambezi River Rafting is call 5 and only guests under 18 years old need a consent and signature of a guardian.
I”m so glad that I went rafting on the Zambezi River and it was undoubtedly one of the greatest experiences in my life!!
- Book Your Flight Find deals on airlines on my favorite search engine: Skyscanner. Be sure to read my How to find cheap flights article.
- Rent A Car Rental Cars is a great site for comparing car prices to find the best deal.
- Book Accommodation Booking.com is my favorite hotel search engine. But Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels have very interesting reward programs. If you prefer to rent locals’ apartment, the best option is undoubtedly Airbnb. Here is US$ 30 credit towards your fist booking.
- Protect Your Trip Don’t forget travel insurance! I always use World Nomads for short-term trips and SafetyWing for long-term ones. Find out why Travel Insurance: Much More Than a Precaution, a Necessity.
- Book Tours in Advance Book unforgettable experiences and skip-the-line tickets with GetYourGuide or Viator .
- Book Ground Transportation BookaWay offers a stress-free experience with secure payments and no hidden fees. You pay online and receive your itinerary by email.
- Luggage Solutions Rent your luggage with Cargo or if you need to drop off your own luggage and enjoy your time without dragging it all over a city, find a LuggageHero shop here.
- Get a Travel Card Revolut Card is a pre-paid debit card that enables cash machine withdrawals in 120 countries. I’ve been using my Revolut Card for over a year and never paid foreign-transaction fees again. Get your Revolut Card with free shipping here.
- Packing Guide Check out my How to Pack a Carry-on Luggage For a Five-month Trip to help you start packing for your trip. Don’t forget your camera, chargers and other useful travel accessories.